Join us on a culinary journey where we transform humble sweet potatoes into an irresistible side dish that will steal the spotlight at your next gathering. Embrace the fall vibes and treat your taste buds to a melody of autumn flavors with this delectable scalloped sweet potato creation.
5-6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into thin medallions
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup light or dark brown sugar
½ cup water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Peel sweet potatoes, cut them into medallions and arrange them in a pie dish or shallow casserole dish
3. Place a small or medium saucepan on the stovetop. Add unsalted butter, brown sugar, water, spices and salt. Turn heat to medium and stir ingredients as they melt together.
4. Once the mixture is fully melted, use a brush to evenly distribute ¾ of your sauce onto sweet potato medallions. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes.
5. Remove baking dish from the oven and take foil off. Distribute the remaining ¼ of your sauce mixture onto the potato medallions. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, mini pecans and desired amount of Mellow Dusk
6. Place baking dish back into the oven and turn it to the broil setting. Broil for 1-2 minutes to toast the marshmallows. Keep a close eye on the dish as your broil, it won't take long!
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!